Tuberculosis Control Programme was launched by Government of Nepal almost six decades ago. In 1937 ‘Tokha Sanatorium’ situated on the north of Kathmandu city was established. The Central Chest Clinic (CCC) came into existence in 1951 with the facility of diagnosis and treatment services for the TB patients on domiciliary basis. Similarly, in 1965, TB Control Programme was systematically organized with tripartite agreement between Government of Nepal, WHO and UNICEF. Since then TB Control Programme started on a nation wide basis offering preventive measures such as BCG vaccination, case-findings and distribution of drugs. Later Central Chest Clinic and TB Control Programme were amalgamated into one centre as National Tuberculosis Centre. As a result the National Tuberculosis Centre in Thimi, Bhaktapur at the central level and Regional Tuberculosis Centre (RTC) at the regional level in Pokhara were established in 1989 with the cooperation of Japan International Cooperation Agency.
Follow Us On Facebook
- Establishment of DOTS Center at Grande International Hospital – 25 September 2023
- Clinical Update Meeting on Drug-Resistant (DR) TB management, 15 September 2023
- Drug-Resistant (DR) TB Training, September 2023
- TB Activities Covered by National News Papers
- Handover of mobile vehicle with TB screening tool to PPHL Madesh Province